I’m New Here
Maybe “finding a church” is a new idea for you
Maybe it’s a last resort. Maybe you’ve tried a lot of things to bring meaning, or depth, or purpose—or something —to your life. You’ve landed on this page for your own reasons, which we can’t begin to guess. But let us tell you what you might find if you encounter Dove of Peace in real life.
We are a gathering of people committed to several ideas, some of which can be stated in complex ways, but are very simple:
1. God loves people, and wants people to know it, so the whole Jesus-to-earth mission is about that goal.
2. People who accept this love want to thank God, and mostly do it in two ways: worship and service.
We like to think of ourselves as welcoming, as open, as inclusive.
We believe that we have something for you, but we’re equally sure that you have something to give us.
If you come to be with us on a Sunday morning, you could let us know what you think.
And, whether you come or not, our prayers are that you will know and believe that God loves you. Believing that will change your life.
At Dove of Peace we do WORSHIP
• to thank God for everything that is good
• to ask for help in dealing with what isn’t good
• to support each other in life as it happens
Worship is something we’re invested in, and serious about. Learn more about Worship at Dove of Peace here:
At Dove of Peace we do SERVICE
• by making meals for homeless people
• by collecting socks and underwear and school supplies for our neighborhood school
• by giving about 400 pounds of food every month to a local food bank
And lots of other activities, which you can find out more about here:
PILLARS OF OUR IDENTITY & MISSION
From the moment you walk through our doors, you will be treated as a valuable guest. We will greet you, show you around and answer any questions you might have. Our goal is to help you feel comfortable during your visit.
DOVE OF PEACE FAQs
Come as you are. All are welcome.
We welcome all children to our services. If your child needs a break, feel free to take them out and come back in when you are ready.
Communion is open to all. Don’t worry about making a mistake. Please receive a piece of bread or a wafer and dip it into the wine and consume both.
Our ushers will be handing out a service folder as you enter the church.
Anywhere you feel comfortable.
Latecomers often use the side doors.